Course 2019: MAY 14-16
General frame for Copenhagen NeuroSurgerys Oncology Educational Course
- The official language is English.
- Diagnosis, treatment of and research in gliomas are a truly multidisciplinary task. We have developed this training course in order to bring together physicians and knowledge from the involved disciplines. The form of the course is a combination of lectures by experts and case discussion in multidisciplinary groups. Evolving scientific results need to be included into daily work and the last day of the course will focus on science and how we can improve but also the ethics in new and complicated treatment will be a discussion.
The course is open for all specialities working with and with interest in this group of patients. To form the best groups for discussion it is important to state your speciality when applying for the course.
During the course the participants will be divided into groups, and each group will receive a set of patient cases (typical as well as complicated). For each case one of the participants will be asked to prepare a short presentation of the issue to be discussed. During the course and after discussions in the group sessions the cases are to be presented and discussed in plenum. A trainee may bring a case from his/her own clinic to be discussed in plenum.
- Test: there will be no formal exam but an evaluation is to be held at the end of each day.
- Faculty: the faculty will include lecturers from Denmark with a maximum of 2 lecturers from non-Nordic countries. A core faculty consisting of senior neurosurgeons and oncologist will be staying throughout the course to offer supervision of the group sessions and to participate in the plenum discussions.
- Fee: 280 €. Meals during the course are included. Thursday there will be a course dinner with the Faculty
Day ticket will be available for 130 €. (course dinner extra 53 €)
- Accommodation: Not included.
- The venue is at the Danish Cancer Society, Strandboulevareden 49, 2100 København Ø.
The course language is English.