Course 2018: MAY 23-25
General frame for Copenhagen NeuroSurgerys Oncology Educational Course
1. The official language is English.
2. Prints of overheads and slides will in a standard format be handed out during the course sections. During the course the participants will be divided into groups , and each group will receive a set of patient cases (typical as well as complicated). For each case one of the participants will be asked to prepare a short presentation of the issue to be discussed. During the course and after discussions in the group sessions the cases are to be presented and discussed in plenum. A trainee may bring a case from his/her own clinic to be discussed in plenum.
3. Test: there will be no formal exams. In order to evaluate the level and quality of knowledge acquired prior to and during the course, a multiple choice test will be held at the end of the course.
4. Faculty: the faculty will include lecturers from Denmark with a maximum of 2 lecturers from non-Nordic countries. A core faculty consisting of senior neurosurgeons, oncologist and bacis researcher will be staying throughout the course to offer supervision of the group sessions and to participate in the plenum discussions.
5. Fee: 450 €. Meals during the course and accomodation are included. Thursday there will be a course dinner with the Faculty
6. Accommodation: the participants and the faculty will be accommodated near the site of the course
Diagnosis, treatment of and research in gliomas is a truly multidisciplinary task. We have developed this training course in order to bring together physicians and knowledge from the involved disciplines. The form of the course is a combination of lectures by experts and case discussion in multidisciplinary groups. At the end of the course there will be a 20-minute multiple choice examination.
The course is open for neurosurgeons, neuro-oncologists, neurologist & neuro-radiologists and for trainees in these disciplines within the final year of their training program.
The course language is English.